Regional Leadership Councils for board chairs, executive directors and other board leaders meet quarterly over lunch around the state. Their purpose is to provide networking, problem-solving, discussion, and fellowship in a positive atmosphere. A learning session is also a part of the lunch.
Regions: West Texas/Panhandle, DFW, Central/South Texas, East Texas, Houston/Coast
- Format of Leadership Councils
- Format of meetings: Three hours total with one hour of training on leadership issues and the rest divided between networking and discussion of issues.
- Training topics determined by each Council
- Support Topic Councils by providing employee or volunteer names of those who should participate
- Affiliate is member of Habitat Texas
- Provide input on workshops and training sessions sponsored by Habitat Texas
Role of Habitat Texas
Habitat Texas serves a supportive role of these affiliate councils by:
- Financially supporting these councils by providing HT staff support, underwriting council conference calls and underwriting webinar costs for council trainings
- Maintaining an accurate and updated email list of members and potential members
- Assisting to identify training topics and/or presenters
- Distribution of the affiliate-developed agenda one week prior to meeting
- Publicizing the date of next meeting via our newsletter and website
- Having at least one staff attend meetings to provide an update of Habitat Texas programs and news
- Maintaining a section on Habitat Texas website for councils. Information can include calendars, agendas, minutes or other pertinent council information.