Bryan/College Station Habitat for Humanity
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Development
Work with the Director of Development to develop and oversee a comprehensive communications strategy for Bryan/College Station Habitat for Humanity, focusing on building and protecting brand awareness in Bryan/College Station, supporting resource development initiatives, and communicating clear and effective messages in support of advocacy strategy initiatives.
- Promote Habitat’s mission and purpose.
- Work with the Director of Development to devise and implement an annual communications plan with a budget and timeline.
- Collaborate with various departments within the organization to support mar/comm needs including print and digital collateral.
- Develop and oversee execution of media & public relations program, including writing and distributing press releases and alerts; creating and maintaining media contact lists; establishing and maintaining frequent contact with B/CS media representatives to pitch stories, respond to interview requests and educate media on HFH programs in B/CS; tracking results of PR efforts for HFH.
- Write/edit fact sheets, brochures, and talking points supporting B/CS HFH’s priorities, programs, and advocacy efforts.
- Manage website content and development.
- Develop and own social media presence including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Maintain and promote a consistent overall image in all areas dealing with signage, displays and printed material.
- Create content and coordinate for the quarterly newsletters.
- Develop and publish e-blasts as needed for various events, campaigns and information dissemination.
- Assist the Director of Development with planning, staging and follow-up of fundraising events, including sponsor recognition.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Development.
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or related field
- Experience in communications, public relations, marketing, preferably in the B/CS area
- Two years non-profit experience preferred
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written communications skills
- High technical skills (Microsoft Word and Excel) and creative skills (Adobe Suite, Canva)
- Self-starter, flexible, creative and innovative
- Available to work occasional evenings and Saturdays
- Website management/development experience (WordPress experience preferred)
Interested candidates should send their resumes, the completed application form and background check disclosure form to Director of Development Carl Orozco at email@example.com. To find additional documents and information, please visit habitatbcs.org/about/jobs/.