Join Habitat for Humanity Texas for a day of advocacy at the Texas State Capitol! Swing a hammer with legislators and build the walls for a home.
Participants will have an opportunity to attend a workshop on housing justice and meet with their local legislative officials. In addition to the training, a home’s walls will be built and transported to a local Habitat for a family affected by Hurricane Harvey.
- 8am: Training (The Capitol Grill)
- 9am-12pm: First stage of the build (Capitol Extension Outdoor Rotunda)
- 12-1pm: Lunch break and signing the walls for their new home
- 1-4pm: Second stage of build
- 4-5:30pm: Signing the walls