Habitat for Humanity Texas Capitol Build
Habitat for Humanity Texas is once again proud to host our annual Capitol Build! Beginning at 9AM March 25th, drop by the South Steps of the Texas Capitol and help build the walls of a Habitat Home. This is an opportunity for community members and leaders, legislators, and Habitat for Humanity partners to come together and work towards a common goal. The walls we raise will be transported to help a family in Abilene, and the bonds we form will bring us closer as Texans.
We are very excited to start raising the roof with you, and can’t wait to see everyone swinging hammers. The 2020 Capitol Build on the south steps of the capitol on March 25th will prove once again to be an event you won’t want to miss!
To be best prepared for the March 25th Capitol Build on the South Steps of the capitol, read on!
Before the Build
- Sign up here to claim your spot!
- Be sure to fill this one out
- Print and fill out this secondary form too
- We will have extras on-site
- Get excited!
At the Build
- What to wear:
- Comfortable and flexible clothing (jeans, tee’s, etc.)
- Your clothes could get damaged or dirty so dress accordingly
- Closed-toed shoes are essential
- (Optional) Bring your hard hat
- (Optional) Bring your gloves
- What to bring:
- Positive, can-do attitude!
- Water bottles (just in case)
- Prepare yourself to talk with legislators and representatives
After the Build
- Don’t forget to post about your story on social media!
- Facebook, @HabitatTexas
- Twitter, @HabitatTexas
- Wear your Capitol Build tee shirt with pride!
If you really enjoyed yourself, click here to find other home-building volunteer opportunities near you!