Habitat for Humanity MCTX
|Job title||Homeowner Services Specialist|
|Reports to||Family Services Manager|
This position will focus on administrative program support in the Family Services Department which facilitates the New Housing and Home Repair Programs.
The Homeowner Services Specialist will be responsible for supporting the Family Services Department by processing program applications, coordinating meetings with applicants, and maintaining applicant files.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process all incoming program applications
- Participate in public events to educate prospective homebuyers about the programs that Habitat for Humanity offers
- Manage program orientations for prospective applicants
- Perform administrative support functions (varies based upon the need)
- Work closely with partner families to ensure they are maintaining progress with their sweat equity requirements
- Coordinate all Homeowner meetings, support the Family Services Department in the development of POA bylaws, help the POA to advertise meetings and help develop plans for community maintenance and improvement
- Work with other affiliate leadership in developing new programming, procedures, policies, and homeowner participation strategies
- Provide other support related to program services as needed, including monthly reports for Habitat International and meetings
- Collect application and other documentation materials, and discuss program readiness
- Create and maintain applicant files ensuring applicant documentation is complete
- Assess financial eligibility for programming
- Attend and host homeownership outreach and orientation sessions
- Support admin functions in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures
- Manage client referrals to community partners and resources
- Support Family Services Manager as needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree desired
- One year of leadership experience preferred
- English (required) and Spanish (required) both written and oral communication.
- Expansive experience and understanding of Microsoft Office products and ability to quickly learn new software products as required as the lending business grows and expands to accommodate technical advances in the industry.
Other Desired Skills or Requirements:
- Listen and direct people to other agencies when needed. Ability to resolve conflict and effectively work with difficult personalities from time to time. Ability to be a contributing member of the Montgomery County Habitat for Humanity team and demonstrate authentic leadership skills in working with others.
- Embrace and open to work in a diversified cultural environment
- Support Affiliate’s Mission and governance policy and demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy of Habitat for Humanity
- The employee will primarily serve in the principal office in Conroe, TX. The member will have a desk, computer (with email and Internet access) and a phone for service-related tasks. Shared resources include a printer, copy machine, fax machine as well as office supplies.
- Some service area travel is required for this position to perform home visits/evaluations. Public transportation options are limited in our community so access to a personal vehicle is required to get to and from service, as well as any required meetings. Approved service-related mileage, beyond commuting to and from service, will be reimbursed per the affiliate’s policy.
- The employee might occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Habitat for Humanity MCTX is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug screen and clean background check is required.
Applications can be filled out at 9407 Hwy 242 Conroe, TX 77385 or email resume to Mysti@habitatmctx.org