Download Job Description- Hurricane Harvey Project Manager
Hurricane Harvey Project manager Job Description
Job Title: Hurricane Harvey Project manager Job Location: Central Texas
FLSA Status: Exempt Posted Date: September 24, 2018
Reports to: Executive Director
To assist in meeting the great needs created by Hurricane Harvey, Habitat for Humanity affiliates in Texas have developed a three-year vision for its role in statewide hurricane recovery efforts. Specifically, this vision entails seventeen Habitat affiliates located in hurricane- impacted whose communities are rebuilding the stock of decent, affordable homes through critical repair, rehabilitation, and new construction.
The Rebuilding Hope Project Manager will play an integral role in moving Habitat’s Three-Year Hurricane Recovery Plan forward. This is a newly created position that will report directly to the Executive Director of Habitat for Humanity Texas. This position will work closely with local Habitat offices and our partners to build sustainable, healthy and inclusive communities
Primary Job Duties:
Management & Administration
- Negotiate work bids, contracts, and performs pre-, during, and post-inspections on homes directly related to Habitat Texas projects in hurricane impacted areas.
- Work closely with Texas affiliates and community stakeholders to identify housing needs and community development goals
- Serve as lead Habitat Texas staff liaison to partner agencies.
- Work occasionally with teams of volunteers whose work furthers the goals of Habitat Texas’ Hurricane Harvey project.
- Work with affiliate team on construction assessments.
Fundraising and Resource Development
- Develop grant deliverables for inclusion in funding requests specific to hurricane recovery efforts, including bid documents, before and after photos, stories, and more.
- Implement grant deliverables as outlined in funding requests.
- Ensure grant compliance by completing necessary reports required by grantors in a timely basis.
- Act as primary liaison to affiliate partners, ensuring coordination and advise on the distribution of grant funds.
Information and Communications
- Coordinate and conduct ongoing need assessments of Texas affiliates in Harvey impacted communities.
- Monitor proposed policies and plans specific to hurricane impacted communities and provide information and updates to appropriate groups.
- Gather data and conduct analysis to determine unmet community needs.
- Act as primary liaison to Habitat Hammers Back, Texas VOAD, and other key partners on the Hurricane Harvey project.
- Develop a final report at project completion.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Support communications efforts to affiliates, key stakeholders, and the public.
- Provide website content specific to the Hurricane Harvey project.
- Support affiliates in local advocacy efforts and inform state-level advocacy efforts.
Collaboration with Executive Director
- Works closely with Habitat Texas staff toward the implementation of Hurricane Harvey grants and achieve agreed to goals
- Develop an annual project budget, tracks monthly expenses, and prepares to submit to Supervisor
- Effectively facilitates meetings with key stakeholders
Specific Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of basic construction assessment and analysis
- Minimum 3 years of experience in construction industry
- Ability to negotiate, implement, and monitor contracts
- Preference given to applicants with grant management experience
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to build trust and rapport quickly with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously, prioritize tasks as appropriate, and operate under time and work volume pressure
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and be flexible
- Strong leadership, management, supervision, and motivational skills; functions well as part of a leadership team
- Ability to travel extensively across impacted zone
- Applicable skills in planning and budgeting and project management
- Preferred knowledge of and experience in the Habitat model and / or long-term disaster recovery work preferred
Education and Experience
- BA / BS Degree, Community Development, Housing, or in related field or equivalent work experience (8 years of construction experience substitute for a four-year course of study leading to a bachelor’s degree)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in construction industry,
Base salary, benefits, and flexible scheduling options available.
This is a two-year grant funded position, additional years pending additional funding.
Mission Oriented: Supports Habitat’s mission and values and consider them as a framework for all professional decisions.
People Oriented: Initiates the development of relationships with stakeholders in the Habitat family, housing agencies, (potential) donors, and volunteers to impact and strengthen the community. Communicates to engage and inspire people within and outside Habitat to create a fun, productive, uplifting work environment.
Results Oriented: Dedicated to achieving the goals of the Hurricane Harvey Recovery Project to ensure the necessary people and material resources to sustain and fuel the delivery of the mission.
Personal Development Oriented: Committed to ongoing professional development, striving to stay current with best practices in nonprofit governance and professional development.
About Habitat Texas
Habitat for Humanity Texas, a 501(c)3 organization, supports the efforts of the state’s local Habitat for Humanity affiliates as they work to build simple, decent homes across Texas. Habitat Texas does not directly build homes, but helps local Habitat affiliates help families and communities by providing resources, training, disaster preparedness planning, and legislative advocacy.
Mission of Habitat Texas:
Seeking to put God’s love into action,
Habitat for Humanity brings people
together to build homes,
communities and hope.
A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Are you ready to apply? Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.