Resource Development Officer
Job Location: Central Texas
FLSA Status: Exempt, Regular full-time, exempt
Posted Date: 2022
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Who we are: Habitat for Humanity (Habitat Texas) brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. Through our focus areas of legislative advocacy, training and technical assistance, resource development and disaster services, we empower the local Habitat offices to thrive in their ministry.
What we offer: The Resource Development Officer provides leadership in the development and implementation of engagement and solicitation strategies with a focus on events and sponsorships, grants, and board member fundraising development. The Director will work closely with the CEO on legislative advocacy strategies. Additionally, the Director will provide leadership, training and technical expertise to Habitat Texas’ statewide network of Habitat affiliates. This is a new position for Habitat Texas, so the successful person will bring a spirit of entrepreneurism, leadership, and effective program design and implementation with an eye toward growth of unrestricted funds and the fundraising program.
How you will make an impact:
- Establish revenue goals annually, measure progress and assess when strategies or tactics are productive, need to be adjusted or reimagined to achieve both short and long-term success;
- Maximize corporate event sponsors at annual conference and Capitol Build
- Advance board of director’s fundraising capacity
- Direct corporate employee giving campaign efforts;
- Identify grant opportunities, write persuasive grant proposals, and manage grant reporting;
- Work collaboratively with Habitat Texas leadership to grow revenue and increase individual donor base;
- In partnership with CFO, participate in monthly finance reviews to track revenue projections, provide data relative to giving and manage a portion of the departmental expense budget;
- Develop engagement tools and products for individual, foundation, and corporate engagement and stewardship including messaging strategy in partnership with Community Outreach Officer;
- Provide training and technical assistance to affiliate leaders to help in corporate and funder revenue generation on the local level;
- Present ongoing learning opportunities to ensure that the Habitat network in Texas is up-to-date on best practices in local fund development;
- Ensure stewardship of past, current and prospective donors through personal visits, articulate correspondence, timely gift acknowledgements, and strategic administration of naming opportunities.
- Maintain and implement a calendar of funding activities including due dates and impact report timelines.
Mission of Habitat Texas: Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Our Vision: A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Next steps: Email your cover letter, three references, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.