Midland Habitat for Humanity seeks Construction Superintendent
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Let’s Change the World
Many say it, few actually do it.
Our mission is simple: Helping God’s people in need build better homes and lives. Midland Habitat for Humanity is a developer, builder and mortgage lender. We have built 156 homes in 28 years and estimate that we have helped 700 people by providing strength, stability and self-reliance.
What You’ll do
As construction superintendent you will be responsible for all aspects of construction from planning to competition. We build on average 10 homes a year and will increase that number as demand grows. In addition you will lead and direct our devoted volunteers and construction staff.
What You Should Know
We will challenge your creativity and skill. You will have the opportunity to dream and build entire neighborhoods that will forever change the landscape of the Permian Basin and the individuals that purchase them. You should be able to embrace and reflect the mission of Habitat and demonstrate remarkable organization and leadership ability.
- Set annual construction budget and timeline for construction
- Oversee and manage permitting for new construction through local permitting offices
- Oversee development and implementation of house plans
- Solicit and accepts bids for materials, yearly
- Review and code bills with bookkeeper and E.D.
- Schedule and monitor subcontractor and inspector activities to ensure timely and accurate project completion
- Ensure that houses are built to code and pass inspection
- Implement appropriate safety practices and consistently reinforce the importance of job site safety with the volunteers & staff
- Find, develop and build qualified construction staff
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- Track record of successful construction management, 10+ years preferred
- Valid Texas driver’s license
- Ability to apply construction knowledge to scheduling, coordinating and participating in general construction work activities
- Ability to lead, manage, supervise and motivate individuals and teams of volunteers
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check
- Ability to work with others and possess strong interpersonal communication skills
- Must be willing and supportive of the MHFH mission
- High school degree, Bachelors in related field preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and able to learn industry specific tools
What You’ll Love About Us
- Work that stays at work. We believe balanced people make great employees
- Rest and Relaxation. Personal days, sick days, vacations and your birthday off
- Health Benefits. Healthy people are happy people
- MHFH is growing and changing and we welcome people who want to grow with us
MHFH is dedicated to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, veteran status or pregnancy.